Wednesday, March 10, 2010

helloooo


Dear everyone,
I know I haven't updated in a while--I havent had internet at all. I have it today but then not again for the next 10 or so days. We're leaving for our homestays tomorrow. The people we are staying with get 80% of the protein in their diets from insects. I will not be getting any protein. They eat this grain called pap (pronounced pup) which is a really small white grain, which I love. So i'll be eating that. I really dont think I can eat a mopane worm, which is what they mostly eat along with locusts and ants. I'm not joking. But it should be really interesting. One of the villages doesnt have any water source...so hopefully I dont end up there. Although I am armed with purell for cleaning/disinfecting purposes. Needless to say I will be bringing my own toilet paper. For the last week I've been at this camp called Punda Maria and we've been working on projects regarding birds and mopane worms. So I've learned a few bird calls which is exciting! And I've seen a lot of caterpillars. Which is almost as exciting. I dont have a lot of new pictures, but I'll post one here anyway. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. i love your blogggg. i can't believe it won't be updated for at least 10 whole days. eat just one worm for me!

    ReplyDelete